Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ginger chocolate mousse {gluten free}


It's Valentines day tomorrow and I thought it would be nice to make a vegan inspired dessert. I decided to go with chocolate (of course) and put a twist on it...ginger! The both pair very nicely together, so....'vegan ginger chocolate mousse' it was! 

I love candied ginger but I have never made it before, I found this recipe and I really like how simple it is. I didn't weigh anything out, just eye balled it. Now that I have done it, and tasted it fresh, I don't think I can go back to store bought. Have you ever candied anything?


I had some friends over with there daughter for lunch this afternoon, they were the taste testers for this...and I think it was a hit! The crust is coconut and dates with a little maple syrup, and the mousse was infused with star anise, peppercorns and ginger! I melted the chocolate and made the chocolate hearts free form with the back of a spoon. It was a fun morning. I hope everyone gets to spend some time with someone special!





4 comments:

  1. Where oh where is the recipe?? I was so looking forward to reading the ingredients. Oh, my poor, broken heart. I'm sure it was delicious, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey blessedmama...I didn't measure anything!!! DOH, it was really good though, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds (and looks) incredible, I love the combination of chocolate and ginger. I've always wanted to try making candied lemon or ginger but have yet to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, but what could possibly be used to give the base, body or consistency for the mousse... a mix o ginger, anise, and peppercorn alone with melted chocolate? hummmm

    ReplyDelete