Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer sugar peas with lemon tofu ricotta pasta


Every year there is a house down the road that has this little red vegetable stand. On the honour system, and cheap for just-pulled-from-the-dirt veggies. I usually stop and see what they have if I am driving by, and around this time it has some really great things. I got a big bag of sugar snap peas the other day, for two dollars!! ( and some onions)


I usually work with frozen peas, but these looked really fresh and tasty so I thought I would try and figure out something yummy to do with them.  Martha gave me the inspiration for this dish, I just had to veganize it. It turned out really nice, and the delicate flavour of the lemon worked well with the sweet peas.

Summer sugar peas with lemon tofu ricotta pasta
serves 4
20 minutes to prep

1/2 box of cooked bow tie pasta ( or whatever you have)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic-minced
1 cup shelled sugar snap peas
1 lemon- zested and juiced
1/4 red onion- minced
1/2 bunch of chives - chopped finely
sea salt and fresh pepper
tofu ricotta- omit nutmeg

Heat olive oil in pan, add garlic and peas, cook for 4-5 minutes until just done.
Add to cooked and drained pasta.
Stir in everything else. Season with salt and pepper


5 comments:

  1. Thats a gorgeous bowl of pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using tofu ricotta in bow tie pasta - genius! I normally reserve it for lasagna or stuffed shells - I'll have to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dish. This is just the thing I've been in the mood for lately and it's been way too long since I've had any tofu ricotta. I might whip this up on this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made this recipe and it's delicious! We added some cherry heirloom tomatoes, too. Thanks for sharing this great dish!

    ReplyDelete