Thursday, April 12, 2012

Salad sushi



Do you ever find yourself staring into the abyss of your fridge? That was me this afternoon. Just looking for something, anything to snack on. I must admit I am not one to grab an apple, and I am hungry more often than not. Feeding myself and Simone, makes me eat a lot more than usual. I find myself going back for seconds, and thirds!!! I feel like a hobbit...second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, supper. ( I just watched to lord of the rings trilogy on the long weekend..hehehe)


In came Salad sushi! I opted not to cook a pot of rice, since I knew that it was on the menu for dinner tonight. This made a perfect fresh light snack. These are easy to make and super yummy to eat. Pretty much anything goes, whatever you like in your salad. Just remember to shred it fairly small.


Salad sushi

nori sheets- cut in half and shaped into a cone. stick it together with a little water
carrot-grated
lettuce-shredded
avocado-sliced julienne
mango-sliced julienne
cucumber-sliced julienne
toasted sesame seeds
homemade vegan mayo mixed with chili sauce




4 comments:

  1. This Salad Sushi looks amazingly good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the healthy reminder! i myself am eating much more (my excuse for feeding for two)and geee whiz salad sushi is a good snack idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look beautiful. Sushi salad rolls sans rice are really one of my favorite things to eat. They actually fill you up pretty well sometimes!

    ReplyDelete