Monday, March 12, 2012

White chocolate cranberry cookies



I made these white chocolate peanut butter cranberry coconut oatmeal cookies ( that is a mouthful) early this afternoon. Sometimes I don't always have ingredients to make things I am craving....chocolate chips. I really didn't feel like driving to the store. So I rummaged around in the cupboard until I found things that might be tasty, when mixed together.

Jonathan bought me some white chocolate wonderful a few months back. It has been pushed to the back, only because we pretty much devoured the whole jar, except for the bottom part. You know when you get to the end of the container, but you keep it thinking that you might be able to scrape a good 1/2 cup worth? Well..I DID, and it turned into these!!


White chocolate cranberry cookies

3/4 cup earth balance coconut spread
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 egg replacements ( I used Ener-G)
1/2 cup white chocolate wonderful peanut butter
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries

Preheat oven to 350
With a mixer beat coconut spread with sugar, add vanilla and egg replacements
Continue beating until fluffy. Add the white chocolate wonderful.
Mix in the rest of the ingredients with mixer. Until well combined
Roll into balls and squish down. Bake for 9-10 minutes.
Allow to cool before storing.


7 comments:

  1. YUM! Feel free to send me some of these anytime! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve avoided buying anymore White Chocolate Wonderful as I have a bad habit of eating the entire jar within days. These sound fabulous, I’m totally willing to take the risk of picking up some jars just to make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa, ive never heard of white chocolate pb! im with noelle - feel free to mail me some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work at PB & co. and we made a White Chocolate sandwich with raspberry jam, which was pretty good but a little too sweet - I bet the cranberry cut that nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That peanut butter sounds wonderful indeed! These cookies look really great, I like that you used fresh cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... I just went to the Peanut Butter and Co. website and ohhh my goodness I am in love. How did I never know they existed?! And I'm ordering a jar just so I can try this recipe :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cookies look fantastic! Love white chocolate & cranberry together. Great blog by-the-way!!! :) definitely looking forward to check it out lots in the future.

    ReplyDelete