Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish potato pancakes



In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day I made these savory potato pancakes for breakfast this morning. With the luck of Google I found a great recipe and veganized it.

Irish Potato Pancakes
adapted from chow

3-4 large potatoes
3/4 cup soy milk
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1 flax egg replacement
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1-2 tbsp earth balance butter




I did everything the same as this recipe, except I didn't put them in the oven. I used my trusty cast iron pan and had it on low heat.I let them cook for a longer amount of time.

Happy St.Patrick's Day!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these look d-lish! I'm going to go make them right now, thanks for posting this! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deborah! They were good...I used a little ketchup on the side though.hehehe

    ReplyDelete