Friday, November 5, 2010

Vegetable pot stickers


These are super easy to make, all you need is some vegetables and wonton wrappers ( find them at an asian food store). I had 2 packages in the fridge, that were screaming to be used this afternoon. Since its raining and miserable outside I thought I would give it a try.

I found a great recipe on Vegan Yum Yum.Since there was no way I was going to make seitan this afternoon for the filling, I thought I could use up some of the veggies I bought yesterday.


The filling is garlic, ginger, green onion, mushroom, bok choy, bean sprouts, carrot, tamari, rice vinegar, ground ginger & a pinch of clove powder. I sauteed up all that until it was soft and transferred it to a bowl.


Place the mixture in the center of the wrapper and wet around the edges with your finger dipped in water. Fold over to close and squish the ends together to form a seal.
In a hot pan ( I used a cast iron) brown both sides of the potsticker with a little canola oil.
Add about 1/2 cup water and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!


8 comments:

  1. I've been wanting pot stickers for a while now. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummm, and i love the turquoise dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you read my mind or something? : ]
    I was just at the asian market a couple days ago to get wheat chow mein noodles and found a brand that did wonton and pot sticker dough without egg. I was thinking of making something like this next week. You beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew how easy it was to make potstickers! These sound incredible and look really fantastic! I know this is a vegan blog but I just wanted to remind you about the giveaway on my blog. Maybe if you win you can pass the prize onto a friend. I only have 2 entries so far and 5 people will win. http://imapretendchef.blogspot.com/2010/11/we-have-our-first-pretend-chef-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never made potstickers, i should really give it a try! your vegetable mixture looks so yummy i think i could eat it all by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for meatless dishes. These look great!

    Everyday Southwest is one year old! I want to make sure all my friends from foodbuzz have a personal invitation to join our Birthday give away. Visit our site all month long for chances to win!
    http://www.everydaysouthwest.com/uncategorized/its-our-birthday-lets-have-a-fiesta/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete