Monday, November 8, 2010

And the survey says.....



There is a survey floating around the vegan blog world, and since I am being lazy today I thought it would be fun to fill it out.



1. What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?

Fish

2. What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Squash, made me gag

3. What vegan dish or food you feel like you should like, but don’t?
Hmmm, that's a tough one. I like everything that is vegan

4. What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
Coffee
5. What dish are you famous for making or bringing to gatherings?

I am not know for any particular dish
6. Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
Nope

7. What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?
We like vegan sandwich meats, and I really love potato chips!

8. What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
granola, dips, baked goods

9. What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get the good stuff?
Olive Oil

10. Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks?
YES! COOKIES :)

11. What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?
pineapple, mushrooms, and green olives

12. What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?
For veggie...broccoli
For fruit....avocado

13. What is the best salad dressing?
balsamic vinegar, olive oil & maple syrup with a squeeze of Dijon

14. What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?
Its a toss up between peanut butter or tomato & vegenaise

15. What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
Carrot & Ginger

16. What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor?
Chocolate and Chocolate

17. What is your favorite kind of cookie?

Chocolate chip


18. What is your most-loved weeknight meal?
breakfast for dinner

19. What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat?
Kale

20. Favorite non-dairy milk?
I don't really have a favorite...I like to switch it up, rice, almond, soy.

21. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
This week I made some apple spice muffins that turned out like rocks. I was out of baking soda and substituted baking powder. Lesson learned : /

22. Favorite pickled item?
dill pickles

23. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
Beans, Pasta & Cookies

24. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Toaster

25. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cumin

26. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
blueberry



27. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Seitan

28. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
breakfast for dinner

29.  Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.

frozen blueberries, bread, peas


30. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
Eggplant Parmesan



one happy vegan

6 comments:

  1. This week I made some apple spice muffins that turned out like rocks. I was out of baking soda and substituted baking powder. Lesson learned : /

    Sigh. I've so done that. Even worse... or at least equivalent, I FORGOT to put in baking powder at all. It was so vile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggplant parmesan>???? You gotta get to it girl!
    That is great stuff! Skinny Bitch has a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!

    Happy MoFo'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also can't live without cumin! And yes, breakfast for dinner is always good. Actually, I just made those carrot cake pancakes, recipe up on the post punk kitchen site, for dinner yesterday. Something most people don't get but I really enjoy eating : ]

    ReplyDelete
  5. MeShell.... DOH'

    Noelle...I know, I will. Soon :P

    Organarchy...thanks :)

    Jacklyn...Cumin is a great spice. I love it because you can make so many tasty dishes with it.
    Carrot cake pancakes!!! I gotta try those, with maple syrup of course :)

    Peggy...thanks :)

    ReplyDelete